The fastest way to knowledge and enlightenment in today’s fast paced world is accomplished best by viewing a video. It’s sad but true. Reading text, whether online or on a printed page is just too slow, and often uninspiring. The printed word can expose consumers to the basics of your products and services but it cannot accomplish what great video always does: tell the story of your business in a way that emotionally engages viewers, creates brand loyalty, and encourages your customers to begin a conversation with you. After all, today’s marketing is much more than just convincing customers to buy. It is all about convincing customers to believe in you and in your brand.
In fact, the 60 to 90 second animated “explainer” video has become the key ingredient to a successful marketing campaign. It seamlessly blends the power of storytelling with the entertainment value of visual media to bring the benefits of your business to your target audience. Need a replacement for your canned PowerPoint presentation (guaranteed to put an audience quickly to sleep)? Want to put a WOW factor back onto your website home page? An explainer video is often the best solution to old school, mind-numbing marketing materials. If you think video viewership is just a passing trend, here are some facts to know:
- By 2019, video will make up 81% of online usage (It’s 66% right now)
- Viewers of explainer videos retain 50% of the information they are presented
- Only 28% of website visitors read the text. It’s all about images, headlines and most of all, video.
- In 2015, the average user watched 76 minutes of online video per day. 39 of those minutes were spent watching video on mobile devices
- The average length of the internet video watched today is 2.7 minutes, longer than the 60 to 9 second explainer video
- Adding video to a landing page makes it 53% more likely to appear on the ﬁrst page of Google results.
- Website visitors stay on a website 6 times longer when engaged by a video
- Video overcomes the limitations of the small screens on smart phones and tablets. Click through rates for mobile video campaigns continue to rise.
- In email marketing, eblasts achieve 55% higher click through rates with the inclusion of video.
- Video increases landing page engagement and conversion. Video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- Video is ideal for teaching people about your product and increasing their conﬁdence in purchasing. Consumers rely on video as a resource to make more-informed buying decisions.
- Mobile users are growing two times faster than desktop users
- There are 100 million smartphone users in the U.S.
- 86 million people shop on their smartphones
- 1% of users in the U.S. will research products this year
- 9% will buy something via online transaction
About The Author : Ken Mays
An award-winning writer and designer with over 35 years of industry experience, Ken Mays is President & Creative Director of Mays & Associates, a website development, marketing and graphic design company located in Columbia, Maryland. Mays specializes in responsive website designs that automatically adapt to mobile devices, SEO, online advertising, email and social network marketing